Special jazz vocal master class with Marion Cowings and the Bob Henschen trio, Saturday Dec 6th at Cezanne!02 Dec 2014, Posted by Uncategorized in
Hello, Vocalists (and Friends of Vocalists)!I wanted you to know about a special Two-hour master jazz vocal master class
taking place Saturday December 6th, 2014 at Cezanne from 2pm -4 pm.ADMISSION:
$40 to sing and get coaching
$20 to observeCapacity of this class is limited so that each participant can sing at least two songs in the two-hour period.I hope to see you there!For more information or to make a reservation, please contact:
Marion Cowings has produced and appeared in countless jazz concerts and lectures for Lincoln Center’s “Meet The Artist” series and for the acclaimed Young Audiences program in New York City public schools and received the President’s National Arts Award in 1995 for this work. Marion is also on the panel of judges with Mark Murphy, Kevin Mahogany, Dr. Billy Taylor and Sheila Jordan for the annual Michelob Red Ribbon Jazz Vocal Competition held in New York City and has been a Jazz Vocal Professor at New York University (Vocal Jazz Program Founder), New School, NYC (Social Research), Long Island University, NYC and City University of New York (CUNY).
FORMER STUDENTS INCLUDE: Harry Connick, Jr., Miles Griffith, & Roseanna Vitro.
“He can do everything I can do.” – Jon Hendricks
(Charlie Rose Interview – PBS) http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/5969
JAZZ VOCAL MASTER CLASS
- Elements of Successful Jazz Vocal Performance
- The Process of Selecting and Delivering Songs
- The Elements of an Original Style; the Importance of Storytelling
- How Emotional Honesty Wins an Audience
- Techniques to Aid in Consistent Pitch and Breath Control
- Handle the Seductive Power of Tone Quality
- Scat Singing Demystified; Conducting Your Ensemble
- Working with a Microphone and Understanding the Public Address System
- Eliminating Stage Fright
- Are You Too Hip for the Room?
Check out his recent re-release with famed pianist Kenny Barron